Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm holding my breath!!!

I was going to wait until tomorrow to post my news, but I 'm like a kid waiting for christmas. 2.30 Thursday just can't come soon enough! My news? I may be moving out of home!! Look at this post I found from 2009. A poem about wanting my own place. That's how long I've been waiting for this (actually, way longer).
And it's just across the road!! Now don't think I'm mad. It's PERFECT. Catherine is still a hop jump and a skip from her school. If I want to get something from Mum's she's just across the road. And Mum can't feel like I've completely abandoned her, because, well.... I'm just across the street for goodness sake!
Now.... none of this has actually come to fruition yet. I'm viewing the place tomorrow at 2.30. There are other people wanting this place... but I've rung a couple of times now, and apparently I'm at the top of the list of contenders. Why the heck IS that?? Is it because I've been transparent and told them I'm REALLY keen to get this place, as it's just across the road from mum? I've also told them I havn't really had any landlords, and only a brief flatting experience with an abusive boyfriend, which I thought may have worked against me, but the property manager gave an approving "mmm-mmm" on the phone. (Maybe it was like "Mmmm-mmm girlfriend!" ?).
I've been so excited writing lists of all the things I'll need, and what groceries I'm going to buy each week with my meagre $60 grocery money. HEAVEN. But this morning, the day of the phone call I woke up thinking  "I can't do this. I don't have the money... I'm going to end up in debt" and I rang a friend for advice. But later on as I was out doing my shopping I felt a surge of confidence again and 1. remembered that mornings are not my best time and 2. Mum and the house have that effect on me and the sooner I'm out the more inituitive I'll have.
I could write a blog post alone on the list's I've been writing, but I'll leave it here for now. Fingers crossed!!

No comments: