Thursday, October 27, 2011

I watched a documentary on Muhammad Ali on Maori Television the other day. I have watched it several times now. My favourite quote when challenging his draft into the army to fight in the Vietnam war said "I ain't got no quarrel with the VietCong... no Vietcong ever called me nigger".

I stumble across the answer to my dilemma the other day. I always think to myself that I was wiser as a ten year old than I am now. The answer? Hang out with a ten year old! Namely Catherine's cousin. Well, shes eight, but so far I have learnt: it's rude to stare, and yelling at people makes them feel bad. Did I need a kid to help me learn that? Yes I did!

I put a phone number on a guys car yesterday and he said "Cool. Now if I p##s people off they can ring me."
I had to laugh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm very familiar with that Ali quote, as he is sort of a hero of mine.
Loved the story of the 10 year old. They are quite intelligent, aren't they. Age dumb's us down i think.

Janney said...

He's pretty cool, that's for sure.