Monday, March 7, 2011


I think blogs are like soap operas. You just sit there and get ingrossed with other peoples lives while you sit there in PJs and hair rollers, thinking, Man! his/her life is so cool! I wish I were them!

But anyways... I have been up to something that has given a bit of a sense of achievement lately. Running. I prayed about it too. I said "Lord, help to run again like you helped me give up tea!"

I've been wanting to do it for ages but had so many reasons not to start. And the funny thing is, I was talking to my friend Myra about our reasons for not getting fit, and once I actually spoke them out loud, its like I pinpointed the monstors and was able to shoot them down. It's funny though. My reasons were "I don't have time, and what's more I don't have any of the gear and I'm gonna look like an old lady running around with no shoes". And that's what I did. I just went out to the field out the back of our house and ran with no shoes!! I used to do it all the time as a teenager. But apparently its not the done thing for a 32 year woman, because waiting to greet me on my first ever run around the goal posts was this guy who pointed out my bare feet!! Embarrassing, but not all bad. I took it as encouragement from on-high because he just stood on his veranda with a big smile on his face and gave me a 'well done' speech, even telling me I'd get better over time! He even seemed genuinely interested even though I don't know him from adam. Anyhow... I see him a couple of times a week now as I run and say a "good morning" to him.

Oh yeah. And it was embarrassing enough for me to actually go out a splurg on a new pair of shoes which is probably wise anyway I guess.... coz it's been chilly lately!

No comments: