Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Books

I noticed lately people blogging about the books theyve read recently. I find it quite interesting, so I thought I'd do the same. My list will be a bit hodgepodge though... it will be: books I've read this year, books I am reading (which I may have been reading for over ten years now!!), and books on the to-read list.
Sometimes I set aside time to read, like a "I should read this each day till it's done", taking your medicine type reading, and sometimes it's a "I should be reading my other book but I cant put this one down" book.

I don't read as often as I used to. When I had Schizophrenia I couldn't focus for more than 5 minutes at a time, and could barely understand what I read anyhow... so I'm quite grateful that my concentration is improving more and more, and I've started reading again, in some ways without even trying. I'll just pick up a book and read without meaning to.

Well, here's the hodge podge. Maybe I can order this somehow...

Books I'm reading...
War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy (yes...up to page 125... only about another 1000 to go!!)
Ireland, A history - Robert Kee
Small is beaustiful - EF Schumacher

Books I've recently finished...
Origin of Species - Darwin
Guard Us, Guide Us - JI Packer, Carolyn Nystrom
Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe (it's the BEST!!! not famous for nothing... take me to that island!!!)
Secrets of the Koran - Don Richardson
The Rights of Man - Thomas Paine (my new favourite)
Candice - Voltaire (slightly depressing)

A Layman's Guide to Pshychiatry and Psychoanalysis - Sigmund Freud


Books I want to read....
A history of Philosophy
War of the Worlds - H G Wells


2 comments:

dcpeg said...

Wow -- your reading list in impressive! Of late, I've been obsessed with period romances because they're a great escape and don't make me overwork my feable brain.

Janney said...

Escape is good :) I should read some lighter stuff... I don't know why all my stuff is so heavy... probably just trying to make up for lost time!