Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lately I....

Well, yesterday I made Catherine some leggings... this was the closest I could get her to modelling them, since she was tired from after school. Now I know the pattern fits, I have 3 more pairs cut out and ready to sew tonight.


Today I took out the window on my van and took out the rust which also came back on this side. I used my heavy duty grinding disk on my drill again, so hopefully it won't come back this time. And this is the last panel!! Although I am contemplating doing the roof too, and then finally a clear coat, then shell be all ship-shape, ready to signwrite...


And I fixed this scooter that was given to me for Catherine. All it needed was a couple of washers, a nut, and another nut and bolt for the back wheel... hopefully I've fixed it alright and she doesn't have an accident from shoddy workmanship.
All I had to do was go into the garage and look through the treasure trove my Dad left me....

We have a whole chest of drawers of old nuts bolts and screws. He used to selvage them from different places and I can remember my Dad telling me that if I found a washer on the ground to pick it up and put it in my pocket. Infact I remember one time... I had this dream, and right in the middle of my dream I saw a washer on the ground and picked it up and put it in my pocket!

No comments: