Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gold!

Heres a pretty cool blog entry written by someone who was overweight, but mentions now she can run for 60mins. She followed some kind of program which I'll have to look into... starting running for a minute a day and workedher way up I think. But she also mentions changing her thoughts in order to keep her going. I can relate to that. When I started running earlier this year, it was hard to keep going or improve, because all that would go through my mind was "what's the point?" "can't wait to get home and have a cuppa"...
I've read a couple of self help books. Tony Robinson and 7 habbits of highly effective people. I also was browsing the book section of the warehouse yesterday and there's definitely a theme.
YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE.
Yes. I had to shout that. Just kidding. Just trying to emphasise the point.
I like to read these books because even though they are not christian literature I believe that they have tapped into a biblical principal. The bible says "As a man thinks in his heart, so he is".
One of the books I browsed by the way, was an Aussie guy with no arms or legs. I'd love to read it because I randomly read 2 separate paragraphs, and what I read was gold! No 1. He has learnt to enjoy life more than most people he knows with limbs. No 2. Play is so important in life, leaving it out of life is as a bad as a lack of sleep.
I really want it! but I dont know if I should or not! Maybe I'll wrap it up and save it as a birthday present for myself!

No comments: