Monday, July 11, 2011

Daydreams...


You know, some people daydream about winning lotto. They write mental lists of the first thing they would buy, and look at late model cars in envy. Well, I'm a bit of a weirdo. I actually daydream of being destitute! I think it must be all the depression stories I grew up with. You know, where you were allowed butter OR jam on your toast but not both, and when the fan-belt broke you used an old pair of pantyhose? But honestly, it gets really bad around times like this when it's the organic rubbish collection. I drive past old mattresses and couches and start daydreaming about how I'd do them up or cover them up and I even started constructing a bedframe from old pallets in my mind.

But it's not like I'm filthy rich now or anything. I DO have to live on a budget. But I don't enjoy it in real life. I think it's because I don't think God wants me to enjoy my money and feel guilty about buying ANYTHING so I give to charity but don't even enjoy THAT and even feel resentful. I think I totally don't get the whole money thing.

That's why I'm really looking forward to this book I have ordered. From what I've heard of it, it maybe the answer to my delima. Basically, it says 100% of our money belongs to God, and we have to use it to glorify God. So spending money on gifts could be an example of that. (I LOVE buying presents!). And God doesnt need our donations. The reason He asks us to give, is that our hearts will be where our treasure is, and He wants our hearts! How liberating is that??

Maybe I will write a little review when I get it, and share what I learn. I'm VERY excited!

Oh yeah. The picture. I made Catherine hair-scrunchies with the left over material from her costume. :)

No comments: