Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tatting!



Well, I've started learning to tat! My shuttle came in the mail (with an extra two, since postage took a while!)... and the first thing I thought was... I've got the wrong thing! But a browse on the net told me these are called "flat shuttles". In fact, turns out you don't even need a shuttle to tat... but leave that to the pros.

So I started learning, using an online resource (where else?) and this is my first attempt. As you can see, it started out a bit wonky.. but I'm getting the hang of it. As I said before, my grandfather could tat, and it's always been my intention to learn. Luarna's mum, Audry can tat, and she tried sh0wing me breifly, but I didn't get it. I think I needed the thing in my hand. I can't wait to pick her brain next festival!

No comments: