Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Daddy

Well, for some reason I was inspired yesterday by Daniel in the bible to pray 3 times a day. This is the insight for DAY 1...

We were encouraged in the e100 bible reading plan to write our own version of the Lord is my shepard, 23rd Psalm.
Mine is :The Lord is my Dad, he remembers my belongings when we are out in public.

And then I thought - "God is already our dad. But what I can't understand is that my Dad would have fought to protect me from harm, but God purposely brings it into my life to "purify me". And then I thought "but I know, even then , I'm still held in his hands,and he'll never totally forsake me". And then it hit me... Jesus on the cross... "My God, my God - why have you forsaken me ?". It's kind of blasphemous but I've often woundered if a few hours on a cross is really the worst anyone's actually suffered... I mean, christians have been tortured in communist prisons for decades at a time. But I just had the insight of the love between Jesus and God - the love of a child and his Daddy - and the pain of being rejected by your own dad. Like a kid lost in a shopping mall... where's my Daddy?

1 comment:

dcpeg said...

Beautifully expressed, Janney. I know what you mean.