Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hidden beauty


I thought I'd share tonights dinner table setting. It was just a simple meal... just what we had left over after not going to the supermarket for over a week... rice, fish and cucumber.. not flash. But I put the time into setting the table all nice and pretty. I do that as often as I can now.
I do it ever since I read Hidden Art by Edith Shaefer. It's a book that talks about making things beautiful, even if nobody but God sees it, because God likes beauty too. That's why there are beautiful little flowers way up the top of mountains where nobody sees (she said) because God sees and it makes Him happy, and so (it follows) that God is happy when we make the effort and make things beautiful just for Him! Even down to mundane things like setting the dinner table :)

No comments: