Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jazz Dancer in oils

I just realised I've already posted this when it was a sketch. So I kinda cheated, becaused I transfered my sketch straight to the canvas. Its still my own work though. I'm actually quite happy with this. I was going to give up painting, because no-one wanted my last one, and a good quality canvas that size is $56 which is heaps for me! But I've decided to focus my efforts... spend the money now, and aim to put some art in the Auckland affordable art show, crossing my fingers that they accept my work. I'm kinda confident about that though. I saw worse paintings displayed than mine. I just hope someone buys them though... I'm quite money concious, unfortunately... and I don't want to be stuck with a whole lot of paintings nobody wants.


No comments: