Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Man Friday....

I'm reading one of the coolest books ever. You may have heard of it... yes... Robinson Crusoe! I tried 3 times in my youth to read it and couldn't get past page 20 . Now I can't put it down! I can't stop thinking what I'd do in his situation...and man... I'd LOVE to be stuck on a desert island right now. Not that my life is bad, but you know... sometimes your imagination just carries you away.
The fact that he got his little hatchet and made himself and table and chairs and SHELVES out of some tree trunks... Oh my gosh... it's so COOL!
I love what it said in the forward too... making thousands of boys happy can't be a bad thing
(Haha!)

2 comments:

dcpeg said...

Your "happy place" reminded me of my own Dad's workshops in each of the houses we ever lived in. At one point, he had two: one in the basement and another in the garage with an old pot belly stove to keep it warm in winter. He loved that! We all need a place where we can just hang loose to let our imaginations roam. I'm envious of yours. . .

Janney said...

Well, Ill try to appreciate it all the more then :)