Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Indian or lace cupcake idea


I made these cupcakes for a 21st birthday party on Saturday, and I came up with this great idea for getting the different patterns. I may not be the first to think of this, but as far as I know it's a Janet original :)

I had the idea of making brown and cream cupcakes with the opposite colour iced on top, and to make the different patterns I roughly hand drew some designs... which I actually stole from here


then cut a circle out of another sheet of paper, and moved it around the patterns to make different designs to copy onto my cupcakes.


And they turned out like this!


-----------------------------------------------------------------

And I've been doing screen printing classes on Wednesdays. It's kinda Island styles coz shes a Rarotongan lady who figured out her own cost effective way of doing it... which I probably wont share to the whole world because she came up with it... (but lets just say it involves overhead transparency paper)... and last night I experimented with this...


I 'tie-dyed' it, using bleach! and I used her flower pattern which I cut out last night, and the lettering which I did myself. It's a bit light, but it's all practice.





No comments: