Monday, December 5, 2011

I really need to change the title of my blog.... Precious, Peculiar, Purposeful?... who am I kidding??? I have no sense of purpose whatsoever. I guess God has one for me. Just don't ask me what it is!
I am also dreading the school holidays. I am looking after Catherine and her cousin for 4 weeks probably. I'm totally freaking out! But I remembered the other day that God only gives us grace for one day at a time... not 4 weeks in advance, so I'll just take it as it comes.

Here's what I got up to today.


This is the table Mum bought when she moved in and got married. She wanted a nice big dressmaking table and this is what she bought.
In the last couple of years the legs have become wobbly. I did a rough job about 3 times, quickly unscrewing the legs and using whatever screws I had to move, and put them back in.
The legs became seriously wobbly again, and everything almost tipped off the table, so I decided it was time to finally do a proper job. A few screws and some scrap wood, and hopefully I've saved a sentimental piece of furniture.



Well, almost saved. The glue takes 3 days to harden. I will be putting the legs back on on Friday.


And here's my Datsun as you know it....


Soon to be wearing these lovely new bumpers I just bought today! I think I'll be waiting a while before I spend any more money on her... my savings are seriously deminished now, what with this car and my teeth!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you should add,....and very handy" to your title. The things you do are amazing.