Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A resolution and a joke




Well, I often like to go against the grain and make "rest-of-the-year resolutions" instead of new-years, and I've made a couple lately.



1. Stop feeling sorry for yourself!!


2. Stop and think what you need to take with you BEFORE you go out in the car.



I'm hoping both these will help towards getting a job. I'm starting to think seriously about looking for one soon, and I'm trying to physc(?) myself into it.


No. 1 is self explanatory. No. 2 is going to be imperative if I get one. I remember a story a workmate told me where he meticulously tried to remember EVERYTHING he would need for the job, and he left then had to sneak back because he'd forgotten the sign! Anyway, that's not the joke. Here's a good joke I read in the Signgear magazine last night.








Two men, Jim and John, were walking thier dogs when they passed by a restaurant. "Let's go in and get something to eat, " Jim suggested. "We can't" responded John, "don't you see the sign says NO PETS ALLOWED"Aah that sign," said Jim "don't worry about it" and talking out a pair of sunglasses, he walked up to the door. As he tried walking into the restaurant he got stopped at the door, "sorry no pets allowed." "Can't you see?" said Jim "I am blind, this is my seeing eye dog." "But it's a doberman pincher, who uses a doberman pincher as a seeing eye dog?" the man asked. "oh, " Jim responded "you must have not heard, this is the latest type of seeing eye dog, they do a very good job." Seeing that it worked, John tried walking in with his Chihuahua. Even before he could open his mouth, the doorman said "don't tell me that a Chihuahua is the latest type of seeing eye dog."


Thinking quickly John responded in a angry voice "You mean they gave me a chihuahua?".

No comments: