Thursday, July 14, 2011

Stoked!



Yay! my book has arrived! Can't wait to read it. Christian book on money management. In the meantime, here's what I'm thinking.


There seem to be two conflicting messages in the christian world regarding money.


1. You here of famous christians who died with no more than a dollar in their pockets. People who say that they don't want to face Jesus when they die with money in the bank... who say they don't want to say on their death bed "could I have given more?". And stories from missionaries who talk about money appearing in the account days before their trip, or money appearing in locked rooms.


2. The other view is what this book is about. The view that we are stewards of God's resources. We should save for a rainy day, so that when there's an emergency we wont max out the credit card. What we have is a gift from God and we should enjoy it. We don't have to become destitute to please God.


Well, it just occurred to me last night, that which ever one I choose, God will be happy with me, as long as I just choose one and do it with all my heart for His glory. I don't think there's a one size fits all. The bible says, which ever one you choose, do it for the glory of God and that makes it acceptable to Him (1 Corinthians 10 : 27-31)

YIPPEEEE!


Well, you know which one I'm gonna choose. As I said, I daydream of being destitute and living to a tight budget. (that sounds like no 1. but no, it's no. 2 it's gonna do). Let me tell you 2 more stories:


1. YEARS ago, I saw this story on the news where these two solo mums had no money for christmas. Nothing. But they decided they were going to cellebrate anyway. So they wrapped up gifts from the two dollar shop in newspaper, and decorated the christmas tree with popcorn. And you know what? Ever since I saw that item, I've daydreamed about it and put popcorn on OUR tree ever since!


2. Nigel told me that none of his brothers or sisters ever got birthday or christmas presants because their mum was on the benefit. I've always daydreamed about what I would do... this: get a jar for each kid and put .50 cents in each jar every week so at least they'd have something.


Man I'm stoked about this. This is the stuff of (day)dreams!


Anyway, when I read the book, I'll tell you all about it :)

No comments: