Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Catherine's Fairy dress





Now this is the fairy dress I've made Catherine for the fairy party. It's really baggy around the waiste... she looks a bit pot belly.... but I wanted a dress she could just slip on and off herself, so she would wear it (She dresses herself and she has a favourite dress I made her she wears for that reason). This dress is not perfect... needs some leggings too...its soooo short!! I wonder if a belt would fix the waiste line? I want to make her another one soon, but I'll have to think of some way to make a dress she can slip on herself, but still looks good...

1 comment:

Luarna said...

Looks wonderful. Gosh you clever. Maybe stitch some skinny elastic into waist line on teh back of the bodice. then cant see it but will provide a bit of gather-in at the waist. I like the skirt bit with the pointy things. looks like a snowdrop flower. I always wanted a ballgown that looked like a snowdrop when i was little. Maybe one day i'll have a little girl and i can make her one.