Monday, August 23, 2010

Chaka Zulu!

I've been reading old literature again. I know it's not good for me but I can't help myself. The book is "Marie by H Rider Haggard". I've read most of his books, my favourite being Nada the Lilly about the infamous Zulu Warriour King, Chaka Zulu, full of witch doctors, wild savages and wolves howling at the moon.
This book is slightly more tame, but I've drunk it in like water all the same. The heroe is Allan Quartermaine, a young man with luck on his side, an uncanny ability to shoot straight and a man of his word. (I love this stuff!!)
I'm just about to find out what has happened to his wife, whom he left on the day of his wedding to trek out and make an agreement with the Zulu King, Dingaan, who subsequently slaughters the group leaving only Alan alive.
What a story!

No comments: