Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just lying in bed and I had to get up and write this...
I've read Anthony Robberts book, I've read Dr. Phils book, I've read "7 habbits of highly effective people", I've been to physca-drama sessions and spent 3 months in councilling. They all say pretty much the same thing, and I've realised... all I needed was the word of God!
They all basically teach that we have core-beliefs. Things we believe and say to ourselves over and over, or are subconcious. So they teach we need to challenge those beliefs and come up with new ones, because if we say something to ourself long enough it becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy. Like "I'm useless, I can't do it"... the more you say it , the more it comes true!
I was told to come up with a new one. The closest I could come to something I could believe was "I'm not useless, I'm just out of practice"!!...
Now the bible teaches the same thing. "Renew your mind daily"... and now I want to say "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"

No comments: