Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Me time




Yay! Wool! Just bought a huge stack of wool in the end of season sale at Spotlight. I'm planning to make a jumper for me and one for Catherine.Also finally managed to finish putting the lock on my door... or so I thought... but it won't lock from the outside and I can't figure out why! It's doing half it's job though. Every evening I lock my door so I can enjoy sleep right until the moment I wake up without a little body jumping in with me at 6am and wriggling around and pulling all my blankets off while a groggly start the day by growling at her in my sleep!
I've decided to be kind to myself. I need sleep. I'm gonna get it. I need time alone like a fish needs water... so I've started giving it to myself. It's a bit of that new-age, wishy washy sentiment... you can't love others if you're not loving yourself. In a way its kind of true. When I was never giving myself "me" time I was yelling and screaming every day... getting to breaking point but not allowing myself to walk away... and what am I teaching Cathering if I let her walk all over me and not teach her that there are some people in the world who can't be social all the time?

No comments: