Tuesday, February 10, 2009

MAD!~

Well, this weeks sermon was on anger. Basically the verse in Matthew that says :

"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."

Well... I have MAJOR anger issues. I have two thoughts tho. One: I have started to underline all the times Jesus got angry and just went ahead and s poke His mind, saying things like "Do you still not understand?" and " Are you still so dull?" (not to mention the obvious one where he makes a rope and whips everybody out of the temple).
And two: I remember a while ago being really discouraged by my lack of self controll and my tendency to "loose it" and I sat there, pondering, as I do, and I realised that Moses had an anger problem too and it took him 80 years of preparation before He was ready to lead the Israelites and even then, at the end of his life, he lost his temper, disobeyed God by striking the rock a second time and wasn't allowed into the promised land. BUT. Who was it on the mountain during the transfiguration ministering to Jesus? Elija and... MOSES. And I know God backed me up on that one, coz that night my bible reading was up to, you guessed it, the Transfiguration!

One thing my pastor said that might give me a reason to try a bit harder was that our ability to control our anger is part of our witness. I know the neighbours can hear me yelling at Catherine. What to do... what to do?

No comments: